There was a time when photography used to be an elite profession, and it was scarce to see a person doing it just as a hobby or fun. However, with the advancement in camera technology, photography has become pretty common, and today everyone with a decent smartphone is a potential photographer. If you are someone
There was a time when photography used to be an elite profession, and it was scarce to see a person doing it just as a hobby or fun. However, with the advancement in camera technology, photography has become pretty common, and today everyone with a decent smartphone is a potential photographer.
If you are someone who is professionally into outdoor photography, for example, Wildlife Photographer or Wedding Photographer, then just clicking the photos with the correct angle and timing is not enough for a perfect photograph. Every outdoor photographer needs robust photo editing software for their pictures. The editing tool would clear the unavoidable errors like low light and make their photographs more presentable and attractive. However, deciding on which photo editing software to get is very tricky. This is where this post will help you.
In this post, we will guide you on deciding and provide you the list of best photo editing software for your outdoor photography needs.
What features make the Photo Editing Software perfect for Outdoor Photographs?
If you are just a beginner in the outdoor photography profession, the tremendous amount of photo editing applications available on the internet might confuse you on choosing the perfect one for your needs.
However, there are certain features that you may consider before getting an editing tool. These features will help you quickly compare different photo editing software programs, and you will be able to choose the perfect one as per your requirements or preferences. Here is the list of those features:
- The User Interface is one of the common deciding factors for almost every utility software program, and it is even more essential for a photography tool. Many users might just be beginners in outdoor photography. In that case, the editing tool with a clear and straightforward UI will make their work relaxed.
- If an editing tool comes with in-built or dedicated tutorials or instructions for using the different features of the software, it would greatly help the photographers as they will have one less thing to bother about, i.e., learning the editing exclusively.
- Every software program, including the photo editing tools, must provide the users with certain days of free trial to their software that should include all its paid features. This will help the outdoor photographers to get their hands on all its features and then buy it if it fits into their requirements and budget.
- A robust photo editing software must include all basics to advanced level tools so that beginners and pro photographers can utilize it equally.
- Another feature that has become a must-have in photo editing tools is the ability to directly share edited pictures to social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and others.
- The cross-platform support would make the editing tools more desirable and popular among users who use multiple devices like Windows and Mac.
Best Photo Editing Software for Outdoor Photography
Movavi Picverse is a robust, easy-to-use photo editing software that comes with basic to advanced editing tools. Its super informative and straightforward UI makes it easy for editing professionals to get used to the features and tools of the software and use them effectively. You also have the option to enable a pop-up tutorial that will guide you about the options or tools you are using.
Movavi Picverse supports all popular image formats like JPEG, PNG, BMP, PCX, TIFF, and more. In addition, the advanced AI technology of Picverse lets beginners automatically apply the perfect settings for the picture.
Though it is relatively new in the photo editor industry, Luminar has gradually become reputed as one of the best photo editing applications. It is developed and maintained by Skylum (formerly known as Machpun).
The latest Luminar 3 comes with highly advanced editing tools like AI Filter, Sky Enhancer, Foliage Enhancer, and others. In addition, Luminar includes layers and masking, which makes it an ideal program for advanced photo editor professionals.
When it comes to photo editing, the first software that comes to everyone’s mind is Adobe Photoshop. However, using Photoshop requires a learning curve as it comes with pretty complex tools. Therefore, it is not an idol program for beginners and even intermediate users. However, if you trust Adobe a lot and still want to use its software for photo editing purposes, you can go for Adobe Lightroom. It comes with a slick and straightforward beginner-friendly UI along with a clean workspace that allows you to focus on the image without any distractions.
Despite being less in the number of features and tools that Photoshop has, Lightroom is powerful enough to meet the maximum of your required needs for editing outdoor photographs with tools like lens correction, split toning, etc. In addition, the centralized panel of the tools makes it intuitive to use. When you first launch the program, it will guide you to introduce every module of the program. This introduction would be good enough for you to get started on editing the pictures.
ON1 Photo RAW
ON1 Photo Raw is an excellent photo-editing application that comes with a complete package of all the necessary tools for making a dull outdoor photograph interesting and presentable. It offers are free trial and is available for both Windows and macOS. Once you launch the program, you will be welcomed with the tutorials to begin your photo editing journey.
Corel Paintshop Pro
Corel Paintshop Pro is a powerful Photo Editing tool that is straightforward enough for beginners to grasp. It comes with a stream-lined workspace and is also compatible with touch screen devices. It comes with integrated learning tools making it easier for the beginner level editors
Paintshop Pro is loaded with many basic to advanced features such as 360-degree editing and more. However, the program is available only for Windows users and not for macOS and other OS.
In the modern era of social media marketing and influencing, photo editing software programs have become a must-have for every professional editing professionals to make the clicked pictures unique, catchy, and interactive. This post has listed the top photo editing tools for taking your outdoor photography skills to the next level.14 comments