Microsoft finally confirmed the official release date for Windows 11 this Tuesday. The latest version of Microsoft’s operating system will make its public debut on October 5th, 2021. As was previously announced, Windows 11 will be a free upgrade for eligible Windows 10 PCs. Computers preloaded with Windows 11 will also be available starting on the same day.
Are you excited and waiting for Windows 11? So, the wait is over as Microsoft has already announced the releasing date of Windows 11. The latest version of Windows OS, i.e., Windows 11 will be available for download from 05 October 2021. You can easily install the latest version of the operating system as a free upgrade on your Windows 10 PCs. Microsoft, the manufacturing company also delivers new hardware that ships with Windows 11 pre-loaded.
Users can easily download the free upgrade of Windows 11 OS in their system from October 5th. But just like earlier Windows upgrades, Microsoft release this OS in phases. Users having the latest eligible devices can upgrade their system first. Then, the new Windows 11 OS will be available in market for old devices after a few months following 05 October 2021.
Aaron Woodman, the general manager of Windows marketing at Microsoft explains “Following the tremendous learnings from Windows 10, we want to make sure we’re providing you with the best possible experience”. He also added, “We expect all eligible devices to be offered the free upgrade to Windows 11 by mid-2022.”
You will get all the latest updates, like when the upgrade is available for Windows 11, etc. on existing Windows 10 PCs. It is important to check whether your device is eligible for the Windows 11 upgrade or not. There are a few of Microsoft’s dedicated PC Health Check apps that you can install in your system to get all the latest updates. Such apps also help users to know whether your system is eligible to install that update or not.
Windows 11 Highlights
The latest design and sounds are modern, fresh, clean, and seem amazing. It will definitely bring you a sense of calm and ease.
- Microsoft has put us and our content at the center since the starting of system. With the usage of cloud and Microsoft 365, Start function utilizes the power to show all the files that you have recently opened in your system.
- Snap Layouts, Snap Groups and Desktops allow users to perform multitask and optimize their screen real estate.
- You can directly chat from Microsoft Teams app that will be integrated into the taskbar. This reduces the time and allows users to connect to the people they care about faster.
- A new personalized feed, Widgets is powered by AI and provides a faster way to access all your information in one click. The Microsoft Edge is also improved in terms of speed and productivity.
- Windows 11 operating system is the most inclusively designed version of OS that allows users who are people with disabilities to access all functions.
- Various features in Windows 11 are optimized to improve its speed, efficiency, and improved experiences. You can even use your system by touch, digital pen, and voice input.
- Windows 11 is best for hybrid work and delivers new experiences that help users to know how they can work. This version of OS is secure by design and easy and familiar for users to deploy and manage.
Windows 11 will be Available as a Free Upgrade
While Microsoft is about to release Windows 11 operating system on October 5th, but all the features are yet to be announced by the company. Microsoft, the technology company, is releasing Android apps for Windows 11 users after partnering with Amazon and Intel. But this feature may take some time and will not be available on October 5th. Though users can access a preview of Android apps on Windows 11 system in the forthcoming months, mentioning that all Windows 11 users can download it until 2022.
Last week, Microsoft also mentioned that the upgrade can be easily installed only on system that fulfills the minimum requirements. However, if your system doesn’t meet those criteria, even then you can install the upgrade by performing some simple workarounds. You can install Windows 11 on system with any hardware configuration after using an ISO method. But your PC must have a 64-bit 1GHz processor with two or more cores, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and a TPM 1.2 chip.
If your system is not supporting Windows 11, then don’t worry, you can use Windows 10 until October 14th, 2025. Microsoft is still supporting Windows 10 OS and will release its latest updates till that. Though the company has not released any information about major updates of Windows 10 it will release latest updates for Windows 10 over the next four years.
Recently, a 21H2 update is going to release for Windows 10 users later which offers GPU compute support in the Windows Subsystem. You can easily use this feature for Windows Hello improvements, Linux (WSL), and WPA3 H2E Wi-Fi security support.
What are the system requirements for Windows 11?
The core system requirements for Windows 11 are not too different from what Windows 10 asks for, at least as far as the processor, RAM, and graphics card are concerned. There is currently the inclusion of a Trusted Platform Module 2.0 though, that could scrap some upgrade plans.
Note: the minimum requirements does not provide optimal performance, only functionality.
The full specifications are:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics card: DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x
- Display: >9-inch with HD Resolution (720p)
- Internet connection: Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home.
Microsoft Office 2021 will also launch on October 5th
Along with the Windows 11 OS, Microsoft is also supposed to launch its next perpetual version of Microsoft Office on October 5th. Microsoft Office LTSC (Long Term Servicing Channel) for Windows and Mac will be available for users who want to use it for commercial and government uses. It provides a locked-in time-release feature that doesn’t need any paid subscription.
Office LTSC helps business owners to do their businesses in regulated manner where they cannot change processes and apps on a monthly basis. There should be proper manufacturing plants that depend on Office and need a locked-in time release. It is not possible to sync the latest AI- and cloud-powered features that are found in Microsoft 365 in latest update. As per latest update, Microsoft may support Office LTSC for the next five years.
Given below are some additions that you can check in latest updates of Office LTSC, that are also available in Office 2021:
- Line Focus: It is similar to a reading mode that basically removes distraction and allows users to read Word documents line by line.
- XLOOKUP function: It is available in an Excel worksheet and helps users to find things in a table or range by row.
- Dynamic array support: These latest functions in Excel allow users to use dynamic arrays.
- Dark mode: Now, you can use all the MS Office apps with dark mode support.
Microsoft considers MS office 365 as the best version for both businesses and consumers. The company has also paid about 300 million seats for Office 365 on the commercial side. Recently, the company has announced its first price increase for both Microsoft 365 and Office 365 that may be available from March 2022.
Windows 11-ready PCs
Since newer PCs will be first to get the Windows 11 upgrade, it’s no surprise that Microsoft wants you to purchase a new system. Microsoft mentions several of the best laptops you can buy now that should be ready for Windows 11 on day one.
- Acer Swift 5
- Acer Swift X
- Asus Zenbook Flip 13 OLED
- Asus Zenbook 14 UX425
- Alienware x15
- Alienware x17
- Dell XPS 13
- HP Spectre x360 14
- HP Envy x360 15
- Lenovo Yoga 720 2-in-1 convertible
- Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Pro
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 4
- Samsung Galaxy Book Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 360
This might not be Microsoft’s smoothest launch, however. On top of the delayed Android feature, Microsoft sparked some confusion with relatively steep hardware requirements that have evolved over time and include demands for security features like TPM 2.0. Microsoft will technically let you install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware, but you might be denied updates unless you’re willing to install new OS images on a frequent basis. Unlike Windows 10, then, you can’t just assume your years-old computer will run this software without a hitch — there’s a chance you’ll have to upgrade your hardware first, even if it’s still fast enough for your needs.
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *